Directed by: Jonathan Glazer
Written by: Jean-Claude Carrière, Milo Addica, Jonathan Glazer
Produced by: Kerry Orent, Jean-Louis Piel, Nick Morris, Mark Ordesky, Lizie Gower
Other cast: Lauren Bacall, Cameron Bright, Danny Huston, Arliss Howard
Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Mystery
Running time: 1h 40min
It took Anna 10 years to recover from the death of her husband, Sean, but now she's on the verge of marrying her boyfriend, Joseph, and finally moving on. However, on the night of her engagement party, a young boy named Sean turns up, saying he is her dead husband reincarnated. At first she ignores the child, but his knowledge of her former husband's life is uncanny, leading her to believe that he might be telling the truth.
• Be careful what you wish for.
• She wished her husband would come back from the dead. Now, he is back.
• A haunting thriller that will keep you guessing until the very end.
• One of Nicole Kidman’s favorites among her filmography. She also believes it’s one of the most overlooked and misunderstood films of her career, saying the controversies surrounding the bathtub scene eclipsed the themes of grief and vulnerability in the film.
• I’ve met somebody who seems to be Sean… I really hoped that he was Sean. I wanted him to be Sean. But I knew he wasn’t… The thing is, I’m falling in love with Sean again. That’s what’s happening. I need you to tell him to go away. Because I can’t do it.
• What happened to me was not my fault. There’s no way I could have behaved any differently, you now… What I did wasn’t my fault. What happended to me wasn’t my fault, and I can’t be held accountable for it. There is no way I could ever have said to him ‘Go away’.I couldn’t do it… It was a mistake. And… I’m sorry. But I want to be with you. I want to be with you. Yes, I do. And I want to get married, and… I wanna have a good life, and I wanna be happy. That’s all I want – peace.
• You know I loved Sean so much, and its been so long that I still can’t get him out of my system. This is going to sound a little strange but I’ve met someone, who seems to be Sean.
• You certainly had me fooled. I thought you were my dead husband… but you’re just a little boy in my bathtub.