Directed by: Stanley Kubrick
Written by: Stanley Kubrick, Frederic Raphael
Produced by: Jan Harlan, Stanley Kubrick
Other cast: Tom Cruise, Sydney Pollack, Marie Richardson, Rade Sherbedgia
Release date: July 16, 1999
Genre: Drama, Mystery, Thriller
Running time: 2h 39min
After Dr. Bill Hartford's wife, Alice, admits to having sexual fantasies about a man she met, Bill becomes obsessed with having a sexual encounter. He discovers an underground sexual group and attends one of their meetings -- and quickly discovers that he is in over his head.
• Cruise. Kidman. Kubrick.
• Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman signed open-ended contracts. They agreed to work on this project until Stanley Kubrick released them from it, however long that turned out to be.
• Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman spent so long living in the UK, due to the prolonged shoot, that their 2 children acquired English accents.
• Stanley Kubrick allowed Nicole Kidman to listen to some music in order to liven up for nude scenes – and liked her choice of Chris Isaak enough to incorporate it in the movie and its advertisements.
• Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman’s love scene was shot on a closed set.
• Millions of years of evolution, right? Right? Men have to stick it in every place they can, but for women… women it is just about security and commitment and whatever the fuck else!
• The important thing is: we’re awake now. And hopefully… for a long time to come.
• So, because I’m a beautiful woman, the only reason any man wants to talk to me is because he wants to fuck me? Is that what you’re saying?
• Am I sure? Only as sure as I am that the reality of one night, let alone that of a whole lifetime, can ever be the whole truth.
• [last line] Let’s not use that word. You know? It frightens me. But I do love you. And, you know, there’s something very important that we need to do as soon as possible.