Directed by: James McTeigue, Oliver Hirschbiegel
Written by: David Kajganich, Jack Finney
Produced by: Bruce Berman, David Gambino, Doug Davison, Jessica Alan
Other cast: Daniel Craig, Jeremy Northam, Jackson Bond, Jeffrey Wright
Release date: August 17, 2007
Genre: Sci-Fi, Thriller
Running time: 1h 39min
Washington, D.C. psychologist Carol Bennell and her colleague Dr. Ben Driscoll are the only two people on Earth who are aware of an epidemic running rampant through the city. They discover an alien virus aboard a crashed space shuttle that transforms anyone who comes into contact with it into unfeeling drones while they sleep. Carol realizes her son holds the key to stopping the spread of the plague and she races to find him before it is too late.
• Do not trust anyone. Do not show emotion. Do not fall asleep.
• Don’t Sleep. Don’t Go Home. I’ll Find You. – Mom
• While filming at the Chilean Embassy in Washington, D.C., Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig were to drive a white SUV to the entrance, stop the car, and allow valets to park it. Kidman forgot to place the SUV in park, and as she got out, it began to roll down the hill. Craig swooped in from the passenger side and dove at the SUV, hitting the parking brake, and stopping the disaster from proceeding. This happened during heavy rain effects.
• To be honest, ambassador, when someone starts talking to me about the truth, what I hear is what they’re telling me about themselves more than what they’re saying about the world.
• While I’ll give you that we still retain some basic animal instincts, you have to admit we’re not the same animal we were a few thousand years ago.
• Read Piaget, Kohlberg or Maslow, Graves, Wilber, and you’ll see that we’re still evolving. Our consciousness is changing. Five hundred years ago, postmodern feminists didn’t exist yet one sits right beside you today. And while that fact may not undo all of the terrible things that have been done in this world, at least it gives me reason to believe that one day, things may be different.
• Something’s happening. I don’t know what it is, but I can feel it. Have you noticed anything?
• I’m sorry but I need us to stay what we are. You’re my best friend and I can’t lose that.