Directed by: Vincent Monton
Written by: Everett De Roche, Bonnie Harris
Produced by: Paul Barron
Other cast: Charles 'Bud' Tingwell, Tom Burlinson, Jill Perryman, Simon Chilvers
Release date: December 25, 1983
Genre: Drama, Romance
Running time: 1h 32min
A rock singer finds romance with a young man obsessed with becoming the world's top windsurfer, as the windsurfer battles with his father's disapproval of his passion.
• One of the deleted scenes taken out of the movie’s script had the Jade character (who was played by Nicole Kidman) wind-surf topless past a cruise ship to the surprise of some passengers.
• Scenes showing Nicole Kidman sing in this movie (Kidman plays a singer called Jade) were lypsynched by the actress. Kidman is not actually singing in these scenes, it is not her voice.
• First adult character film role for Nicole Kidman.
• Fourth theatrical feature film of actress Nicole Kidman.
• Nicole Kidman once said of her role in this film in an interview with Debbie Kruger published on 01/12/1986 in ‘The Australian’ newspaper: “People do still remember me as being 15, but it’s slowly changing. It’s hard for a casting director to know where I fit in – I can play 22, 23, 24, if not physically then mentally. I’m making the transition. After Vietnam (1987), hopefully it will be easier…I haven’t really done anything I think is good…If you keep patting yourself on the back you’ll never get anywhere. I know what’s good and bad and so far I don’t think anything’s that good.”
• Some flowers bloom at night.